MT-Propeller Entwicklung GmbH has received an FAA STC for the next generation 5-blade scimitar composite propeller MTV-27-1-E-C-F-R(G)/CFRL250-55b on the Dornier Do228-100, -200 Series Series with Honeywell TPE331-5-252D, TPE331-5B-252D or TPE331-10T-511D, or TPE331-10P-511D engines.
According to MT-Propeller officials, the propeller installation:
- Has about 80 pounds less weight than the original 4-blade propellers with aluminum blades
- Provides enhanced cruise performance by 2 to 3 kts
- Provides significant inside and outside noise reduction
- Meets enhanced European noise regulations
- Provides a quicker start, reduced ITT /EGT during engine start
- Provides best vibration damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operationH
- Has bonded on stainless steel leading edges for erosion protection of the blades
The high technology natural composite blades have no life limitation and can be repaired in case of a FOD, company officials said.
For more information: MT-Propeller.com
People who read this article also read articles on airparks, airshow, airshows, avgas, aviation fuel, aviation news, aircraft owner, avionics, buy a plane, FAA, fly-in, flying, general aviation, learn to fly, pilots, Light-Sport Aircraft, LSA, and Sport Pilot.