The FAA has granted Technical Standard Order (TSO) approval for Universal Avionics’ third generation Airborne Datalink System, UniLink UL-800/801 Communications Management Unit (CMU).
- Delivery of UL-800/801 units has begun, company officials report.
- UniLink UL-800/801 Airborne Datalink features:
- Controller Pilot Data Link Communications Capability (CPDLC)
- Multiple Media Routing
- Auto Position Reporting
- Hi-Res Weather Graphics
- Loadable Custom Database Capability
- CV/FDR Data Recording Output
- Internal VHF Datalink Radio (For UL-801 models)
- SATCOM Interface Capability
The UL-800/801 interfaces with Universal Avionics’ current FMS product line with either 4” or 5” Control Display Units. UL-801 includes an internal VHF Data Radio (VDR), which saves weight, space, and the installation of an external VDR, company officials said. The UL-801 may transmit and receive data via VDR or SATCOM depending upon geographic location, reducing operational costs substantially.
For more information: 800-321-5253, UASC.com
People who read this article also read articles on airparks, airshow, airshows, avgas, aviation fuel, aviation news, aircraft owner, avionics, buy a plane, FAA, fly-in, flying, general aviation, learn to fly, pilots, Light-Sport Aircraft, LSA, and Sport Pilot.