AKRON, Ohio – The 2013 Goodyear Advantage Tour recently kicked off with a performance by aerobatics champion Mike Goulian during the TICO Warbird Show in Titusville, Fla.
Goodyear is sponsoring the Advantage Tour in conjunction with Goulian Aerosports and Aviall Services Inc., the world’s largest provider of new aviation parts and a distributor of Goodyear brand aviation tires.
Goodyear has renewed its sponsorship of Mike Goulian for the Advantage Tour, which is scheduled to stop at the following air shows during 2013:
- June 15-16 (Thunder Over Michigan; Ypsilanti, Mich.)
- June 22-23 (Vectren Dayton Air Show; Dayton, Ohio)
- June 29-30 (RI Air Show; Quonset, R.I.)
- July 20-21 (St. Cloud Air Show; St. Cloud, Minn.)
- Aug. 31-Sept. 1 (Rockford AirFest; Rockford, Ill.)
- Sept. 28-29 (NBVC Air Show at Point Mugu; Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Oct. 5-6 (California Capital Air Show; Sacramento, Calif.)
- Oct. 26-27 (Wings Over Houston; Houston, Texas)
- Nov. 2-3 (Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show; Pensacola, Fla.)
“We are proud to continue our sponsorship of Mike Goulian, whose impressive displays of airmanship are second-to-none,” said Bert Aertssen, general manager, global aviation, Goodyear. “And we are equally proud to once again sponsor the Goodyear Advantage Tour.
“Last year, the Goodyear Advantage Tour helped Goodyear and Aviall reach new customers and win new business, and we intend to take these efforts to a whole new level with the 2013 tour. We are thrilled that Mike will once again participate in the tour, as he will proudly carry the Goodyear name to new audiences.”
Mike Goulian is a veteran airshow performer with more than 20 years of experience performing in front of audiences all over the world. He began his career as an aerobatic competitor, becoming the youngest pilot ever to win the National Advanced Aerobatic Championship in 1990, at the age of 22. Goulian reached the highest level of success in aerobatic competition in 1995, when he won the U.S. National Unlimited Aerobatic Championship. He later achieved further global popularity competing in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship for five years, starting in 2005. Goulian has received all three of the industry’s most prestigious awards: the ICAS Sword of Excellence, the Art Scholl Memorial Showmanship Award, and the Bill Barber Award for Showmanship.