The process of renting an airplane should be as easy as renting a car. Hopefully you’ve heard of OpenAirplane before now, but in case you haven’t, renting an airplane just got easier.
Rod Rakic, co-founder of OpenAirplane, announced via email on Monday the first six operators (see list below) have opened:
- New York – Academy of Aviation at Republic Airport (RPG)
- Los Angeles – California Flight Center at Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Chicago – Chicago Executive Flight School at Chicago Executive Airport (PWK)
- San Jose – Trade Winds Aviation at Reid-Hillview Airport (RHV)
- Kissimmee – SunState Aviation at Kissimmee Gateway Airport (ISM)
- Detroit – Troy Aviation Experience at Oakland/Troy Airport (VLL)
“We’ll be on-boarding more Operators around the country soon,” says Rakic.
In a nutshell, the OpenAirplane concept revolves around a universal pilot check-out. Complete the check-out and you’ll be able to rent aircraft from any OpenAirplane operator in moments.
“96% of pilots told us they would fly more, if there was a simpler way to rent airplanes,” says Rakic. “Over 5,800 pilots have already signed up with us prior to launch, because we’re helping make a pilot’s certificate more useful.”