MEMPHIS — Watch flyovers and demonstrations, explore static displays, and enjoy a carnival and go cart track at the 2013 Memphis Airshow presented by FedEx Express, Sept. 27–29 at the Millington Regional Jetport.
In addition to the day shows on Sept. 28 and 29, this year’s Memphis Airshow will premier its first night performance on Friday, Sept. 27.
The line up of more than 15 aerial performers includes one of only three military jet performances in the U.S. this year – the Canadian Snowbirds Demonstration Team, a nine-plane military jet formation team.
Other featured performers include:
- The Shockwave Jet Truck, the Guiness Book world record holder for the fastest jet truck in the world;
- The Raiders, which demonstrate both formation and solo aerobatic flights;
- Manfred Radius, a glider show in a fully aerobatic sailplane;
- Matt Younkin, who flies a twin-engine Beech 18 aircraft and combines the grace of a fully acrobatic plane with the power of two engines;
- Gene Soucy and Teresa Stokes, who offer a wingwalking performance; and,
- The MidSouth’s own Skip Stewart.
The 2011 Memphis Airshow raised more than $400,000 for three local charities. This year, the show has expanded its reach to 18 local charities from the local Memphis and Millington area.
Gates will open for the Sept. 27 night show at 4 p.m. Tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for children ages 5 to 12; children 4 and under have free admission.
The gates for the regular day shows on Sept. 28 and 29 will open at 8 a.m., with gates closing on Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 5 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children ages 5 to 12; children 4 and under are admitted free.
For the Saturday and Sunday performances, children 12 and under receive free admission compliments of FedEx Express when accompanied by an adult.
Parking at the show is free. Please note that for security reasons, backpacks, coolers, large bags, and pets (service dogs are welcome) will not be permitted into the show.
The Memphis Airshow Organization, Inc. is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 entity, whose mission is to support local charities through staging a family-oriented airshow for the enjoyment of the Southern region.