WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Board of Directors of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) elected Steve Taylor, President of Boeing Business Jets, as GAMA’s Chairman for 2014. Taylor previously served as GAMA’s Vice Chairman and as Chairman of the Flight Operations Policy Committee.
Joe Brown, President of Hartzell Propeller, has been selected as GAMA’s Vice Chairman. Brown will continue to serve as Chairman of the Policy & Legal Issues Committee.
In addition, the following board members were elected to GAMA’s Executive Committee and will serve as Chairmen of the following committees:
- Environment Committee: Ed Dolanski, President and CEO, Aviall, Inc.
- Flight Operations Policy Committee: John Uczekaj, President and CEO, Aspen Avionics
- Safety & Accident Investigation Committee: Simon Caldecott, President and CEO, Piper Aircraft
The following board members will remain on the Executive Committee and continue to chair their committees:
- Airworthiness & Maintenance Policy Committee: Aaron Hilkemann, President and CEO, Duncan Aviation
- Communications Committee: Larry Flynn, President, Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.
- Global Markets Committee: Simon Pryce, Group Chief Executive, BBA Aviation
- Security Issues Committee: Mark Van Tine, CEO, Jeppesen
- Technical Policy Committee: Phil Straub, Vice President and Managing Director of Aviation, Garmin International
Brad Mottier, Vice President and General Manager, Business & General Aviation and Integrated Systems of GE Aviation, who served as chairman in 2013, will remain on the Executive Committee as the Immediate Past Chairman.
Additionally, GAMA’s Board of Directors approved Stevens Aviation as a member company. Stevens is a service provider for Beechcraft, Bombardier, Cessna, Embraer, Gulfstream, Learjet, Piaggio and Pilatus aircraft. In addition, the company is a U.S. government and international government service provider on depot maintenance, modification and upgrade programs. Stevens offers expertise in the areas of aircraft maintenance, modification and refurbishment, component manufacturing, aircraft sales, flight services, and fixed base operations. Stevens Aviation operates facilities in Greenville, S.C., (GYH), Greer, S.C. (GSP), Dayton, Ohio (DAY), Nashville (BNA), and Denver (BJC).
For more information: GAMA.aero