Garmin has updated its G500/G600 flight displays. Software version 6.21 enables a number of capabilities, including:
- Control the Altitude Preselect for KFC 200/250 autopilots with the G500/G600 PFD, when paired with a GAD 43e
- Provides basic GWX 70 weather radar functions.
- Supports Cessna 400B/800B/1000 IFCS autopilots, when paired with a GAD 43e.
- For select TBM 700/850 models with the Garmin G600 and appropriate qualifying equipment, upgrading to version 6.21 will allow operations with Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) certification
- Flight director display available with Century IV/41/2000 autopilots.
- Display the flight director simultaneously with Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT) for select Cessna autopilots.
- Display navigation information from the GNC 255 series navigator receiver.
- Display DME from a KDM 706(A) DME, when paired with a GAD 43e.
Software version 6.21 is available immediately for the G600 while the G500 equivalent is expected to be available by February 2014, according to company officials.
It is available as a free software update for current G500/G600 owners (installation charges may apply).
For more information: FlyGarmin.com