The latest software update for the Garmin G500/G600 offers a number of new benefits and features, according to company officials.
Many of the updates pertain to specific aircraft and installations, officials note, including:
- Select TBM 700/850 models with a G600 flight display may be eligible for operations in Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) airspace (certain installation criteria apply);
- Altitude Preselect is available for KFC 200/250 autopilots when paired with a GAD 43e;
- Flight director display is now available for Century IV/41/2000 autopilots;
- Flight director display with Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT) enabled is now available for select Cessna autopilots;
- Interface to the GNC 255 series navigator receiver;
- Basic GWX 70 interface similar to the GWX 68 functions;
- Interface to an existing KDM 706(A) DME when paired with a GAD 43e;
- Gyro emulation for Cessna 400B/800B/1000 IFCS autopilots when paired with a GAD 43e.
The latest software is available as a free software update for current G500/G600 owners (installation charges may apply). Visit a local Garmin dealer for more information.