SEBRING, Fla. — Tecnam took possession of a new 21,000-square-foot facility at Sebring Regional Airport on April 28 and delivered its first aircraft from this U.S. facility.
“Even though we just moved in, we have accomplished our first delivery, a P2008 Turbo to a customer that purchased at U.S. Sport Aviation Expo in January. From order to delivery took just 90 days for a brand new manufactured airplane to customer specifications,” said Shannon Yeager, director of sales.
The Tecnam US Sebring facility is now the North American center for:
- Customer Service and Support
- Spare Parts
- Re-assembly (both LSA and Part 23 certified aircraft)
- Sales and Marketing
Regional Tecnam US Inc. Sales and Tecnam Service Centers include:
- HOVA (Heart of Virginia Aviation) located in Virginia
- West Coast Sport Aircraft, Inc. located in California
- Midwest Gregor Company located in Minnesota
All locations have Tecnam aircraft available for demonstration flights.
Tecnam US will initially market and promote three Light-Sport Aircraft: The Tecnam P2008 LSA, Astore LSA (pictured above), and P92 Eaglet LSA. Also available will be two Part 23 certified models, The P Twenty-Ten and P2006T light twin.
Other Tecnam models, such as the P2002 Sierra, P92 Echo Light and P92 Tail Dragger, are available on request to address specific customer desires.
A number of new offerings have been introduced, including:
- The introduction of a new payment policy, which requires a 10% deposit at the time the order is placed, with the remaining 90% payment due when the aircraft is fully certified and ready to fly from the Florida or California assembly facility.
- Tecnam US Inc. will contribute up to 50% of related travel expenses (maximum $1,000) to potential customers wishing to experience a demo flight at the new Sebring facility.
- The Technical, Support/Warranty team have received training from Tecnam Italy covering both airframes and Rotax engines.