Coast to coast, for the fifth year in a row, kids between the ages of 12-18 will be flocking to local AeroCamps for the chance to explore aviation and aerospace this summer.
AeroCamp is a day camp program hosted by members of the Flight School Association of North America (FSANA).
AeroCampers can look forward to a schedule that includes classes and activities like:
- Learning what makes an airplane fly
- Understanding aircraft flight controls and instruments
- Learning radio communication basics
- Learning about airport traffic patterns
- Reading aeronautical charts
- Flying an airplane and logging flight time
- Visiting aviation- and aerospace-related facilities and businesses
- A favorite highlight of campers is visits to nearby aviation-related facilities that can include airport facilities, aircraft maintenance and repair firms, and air traffic control towers.
To learn more about the program and to find an AeroCamp, go to MyAeroCamp.com