CNC Machine Operator - Kinston, North Carolina 17388
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions - Kinston, North Carolina
Qualifications and requirements:- Must be able to both setup and operate CNC Machines.
- 8+ years in the aircraft industry as a CNC Machine Operator.
- Strong job history.
- AFP experience will be highly considered.
- Must be able to start ASAP.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
CNC MachinistLAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking CNC Machinists for an opportunity in Kinston, NC.Job Duties and Responsibilities: Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining; fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Produce parts or assemblies using Conventional or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) mediums, while simultaneously ensuring product and/or process quality at all levels of the manufacturing operation through monitoring/verification methodologies.
- Concurrently perform related functions to provide complete hardware in accordance with engineering specifications (e.g., operating multiple machines simultaneously, deburr part surface, milling, drilling, boring, honing, grinding, fastening).
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, moves product to the next operation within a building.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees of the same or lower classification level.6.
- Trains to become MVP qualified.
- Setup and operate Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) and Conventional equipment to perform complex or precision operations in accordance with engineering requirements.
- Activities include, e.g. operating multi-axis equipment to mill, precision bore, turn, thread, grind, sculpt/contour, etc.
- Verifies dimensions of parts using both mechanical and electronic measurement tools. and relative to these inspection duties:
* Maintain required personal certifications.
* Perform complete inspection, including firstarticle inspection, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.
* Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Material Review Board action.
* Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.
* Prepare and maintain quality records.