Structural Mechanic I, Tulsa, OK - LONG TERM- NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation - Tulsa, Oklahoma
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.Unique Skills: (This will be for the Tulsa, OK facility)
Sheet metal and composite repair experience preferred. - Must be able to use rivet guns, impact guns, hammers, and basic hand tools such as calipers and scales and other measuring devices, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One (1) year related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Read and interpret 6 ” scale.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to work any shift.
Currently seeking Structure Assembly Mechanics with Minimum of 1 year experience in Tulsa, OK
S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Closer Tolerance Holes
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structure.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks.Support Lean Activities.