Aircraft Tech II (MD)
Jet Aviation Staffing - Joint Base Andrews, Maryland
This position is located at Joint Base Andrews, MD. Candidate needs to be flexible with his/her working hours due to changes in aircraft flying schedules. Candidate needs to be aware that the possibility exists for deployment out of the country to support the Government mission.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED. Valid Drive'rs License required. FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate. Candidate is required to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
2. Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
3. Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
4. Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
5. Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
6. Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
7. Provide training to less experienced technicians. 8. Protect customer property (PTP).Additional Functions:1. Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
2. Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
3. Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
4. Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
5. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
6. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements:1. Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
Languages Required: (in addition to English): N/A