CNC Tech II - Savannah, GA - LONG TERM - NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation - Savannah, Georgia
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.Unique Skills: CNC Machinist - Must be proficient in the setup and operation of 3-5 axis CNC Mills. Must be able to setup and operate conventional mills and lathes and use related precision measuring tools to inspect machined detail components to blueprints / 3D models.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years of related experience or education to include one (1) year experience with similar automated equipment.
Currently seeking CNC Technicians with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Savannah, GASet up and operate automated machines to fabricate parts, applying knowledge of shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, maintainability materials and layout techniques. Essential Functions:
- Operate automated machine using existing programs.
- Test program and ensure machine is set up in accordance with drawings.
- Remove and/or replace cutting tools and offsets as required.
- Inspect condition of tools and replace as needed.
- Manipulate programs to fit inserts into material, ensuring fit and conformity.
- Inspect cut material/part prior to CNC operation to ensure conformity and compliance with blueprints, models, and/or engineering documents.
- Identify material and appropriate cutting tools.
- Set up material and inspect for serviceability.