Entry Level Aircraft Assembler (2nd Shift)
PDS Tech, Inc. - North Charleston, South Carolina
Ideal candidates should have previous assembly experience and some form of aviation experience/schooling.Must be available to work second shift. PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Systems Performs simple production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Suitable candidates will have ONE year of direct industrial manufacturing experience or relevant educational experience.
- It is preferable that candidates be familiar with general aviation industry practices.
- Lift up to 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension.
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms.Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.Pass visual acuity and color perception tests.
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language.Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material.
- Obtain maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities.
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation.
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs.Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs).
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces.
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces.
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces.
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands.
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls.
- Occasional contact with metals.
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions.