Tool Designer - 181371
Chipton Ross Inc - Marietta, Georgia
- Minimum of 8-years of demonstrated professional Tool Design experience.
- Proficient in CATIA-V5 Generative Shape, Part, Assembly Drafting workbenches.
- Proficient in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in aircraft tool design and fabrication, to include metallic and composite materials, composite cure, trimming, drilling, machining, forming, welding, assembly and inspection.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the production of aircraft and related tooling to include; metallic and composite materials, composite cure, trimming, drilling, machining, forming, welding, assembly and inspection.
- Significant CATIA-V4 experience.
- Experience in structural analysis and proficient in material selection/sizing.
- Experience in electro-mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic systems design.
- Experience working in a fast paced, developmental environment.
- Experience writing technical reports and presenting technical data.
- MS-Office proficient.EDUCATION:
Accredited BS+9-15 YRS or MS+7-13 YRSMISCELLANEOUS:
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.WORK HOURS:
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Duration 12 monthsDescription Chipton-Ross is seeking a Tool Designer for an opportunity in Marietta, GA.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of equipment, tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, industrial machinery, prototype model production and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. Comprehensive understanding and wide application of engineering and technical principles, theories and concepts will be expected. Determines, provides and develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems unique to each program assigned, with minimum direction or supervision. Located in Marietta Georgia, potential for 20% travel to Palmdale California.