Trainees / Apprentice
Northeast Aero Compressor Corp - Bohemia, New York
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to learn new tasks.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Ability to work with or learn to work with basic tools and mechanical systems.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per far Part 145.Be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
High School education or equivalent FAA Airframe or Powerplant license or enrollment in part 147 school preferred Previous aviation experience preferredPHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up.Must have full color vision and visual acuity with or without corrective lenses.The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
ENVIRONMENT:The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high.May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Now Accepting Applications for Our Apprenticeship Program!!SUMMARY: Service, repair and overhaul aircraft components to ensure airworthiness. Works under moderate supervision to learn and perform basic tasks associated with aircraft component maintenance. Advances through on-the-job training to regularly perform more challenging tasks.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft repair work in a safe and timely manner.
- Accurately completes required maintenance-related paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and any required reading in a timely manner.
- Access and correctly follow instructions published in aircraft component maintenance manuals.
- Help with general cleanup of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking into jobs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.