SkyBridge Aviation LLC - Fort Lauderdale, Florida
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must have a FAA A P License.
- Min 3-5 year experience. CFM56-5B, CFM56-7B and V2500 preferred.
- Careful workmanship and attention to detail in performing duties.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions because of degree of responsibility required.
- Ability to read, understand and follow manual instructions in English
- Writing and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare reports and to discuss equipment malfunction.
- Ability to lift or pull objects weighing as much as 70 pounds frequently.
- Agility to stand, lie, or kneel in awkward positions and to perform work from scaffolds or ladders.
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools to make adjustments and repairs.
- Sufficient visual acuity to inspect equipment for defects.
- Ability to work, at times, in small confined spaces.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in warehouse work environment. Weekend and late evening work when necessary. International and Domestic travel may be required.
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Reports to: Lead Mechanic Classification: Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Summary: To perform maintenance covering the repair and/or disassembly of aircraft engines from the Willis Lease's fleet and Third Party Customers coming through the Repair Station. Performs a variety of tasks within a team environment and is self-motivated, driven by results, achievement and in meeting goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs, performs safety sensitive duties as follows.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble engines according to OEM procedures.
- Identify parts using applicable manual references.
- Perform maintenance which includes QEC removal, installation, engine disassembly and repair on engines owned by Willis Lease and Third Party Customers.
- Examine engine and components to determine the extent of any defects requiring repair or replacement of the part.
- Test engine and operating systems for proper functioning using array of appropriate tools.
- Uses maintenance manuals and specifications to determine correct operating condition.