Cloud Developer 2019-9955
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. - Arlington, Virginia
Direct Hire, Full Time
Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation's most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Cloud Developer(US Citizenship Required*)Arlington, VA2019-9955
• Responsible for developing the cloud service delivery models and architectural framework to enable platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) software as a service (SaaS) data as a service (DaaS).
• Duties include analyzing and recommending which applications, services and applications can move, migrate, and/or deployed into a cloud environment.
• Continuously evaluate available services and makes recommendations to the government on strategies for implementation.
• Responsibilities include:
o Strategies for failure/recovery
o Cost optimization
o Benefit analysis of cloud, cloud agnostic, and on-premises services
• Perform software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products.
• Code, test, integrate and document software solutions.
• Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex software and architectures.
• Research and analyze data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
• Participate in internal review of software components and systems.
• Receive little instruction on day-to-day work.
• More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead.
• Independently determines approach to solutions.
• Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• Contribute and accountable to the completion of major programs and projects.
• Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity.
• May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees and teams.
• Build stable working relationships internally.
• Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance is required at time of hire.
• Experience architecting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
• Able to recognize architectural design problems and make recommendations, and help implement changes required to meet customer requirements and system demand.
• Has the experience to set standards and ensure best practices are used within the Customer's environment.
• Used to working at enterprise scale, and in highly secure environments.
• Experienced and comfortable in an AWS / Linux Environment.
• Expert coding / troubleshooting shell scripts.
• Significant Linux Knowledge able to build or troubleshoot systems.
• Significant knowledge in AWS knows most best practices and services that can be leveraged.
• Significant experience with Infrastructure as Code.
• Works wells with others.
• Has experience working in high scale environments.
• Has worked securing Linux Systems.
• Expert in some sort of Infrastructure as Code.
• Has worked with similar technologies listed below.
• Expert in CI/CD.
• Capable of architecting, building, managing, and maintaining enterprise applications in an immutable environment where servers are short lived and increase and decrease in numbers on a regular and unpredictable basis with load.
• Ability to take a COTS product and design server infrastructure based on best practices that will perform under heavy load.
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), combined with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
• Agile experience preferred.
• 10 years of experience developing comprehensive and innovative technical solutions
• 2 years of experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google)
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.