Cloud Ops/Platform Tools Systems Administrator 2019-9954
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. - Arlington, Virginia
Direct Hire, Full Time
Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation's most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Cloud Ops/Platform Tools Systems Administrator(US Citizenship Required*)Arlington, VA2019-9954
• Install COTS toolsets in a cloud environment.
• Customize COTS toolsets to meet the needs of the organization.
• Perform application updates and maintenance functions.
• Respond to Tier 3 and Tier 4 trouble tickets.
• Open trouble tickets and respond to trouble calls.
• Respond to management system alerts.
• Deploy security patches and updates.
• Participate as a member of a small, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customer mission.
• Install, configure, operate, and maintain integrated systems to support mission operations.
• Supports engineering solutions for cloud or on-premises development and production platforms:
o Disaster Recovery Planning
• Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance is required at time of hire.
• Minimum 3 years of experience performing development and deployment activities on a private/public cloud solution or a comparable high availability environment.
• Experience installing and maintaining tools in a Linux environment, such as Git Repositories, SVN repositories, Ansible, Open Shift, Splunk, VMWare.
• Able to help build and maintain different enterprise scale applications and ensure best practices are being used in an AWS / Linux Environment.
• Ability to find solutions and troubleshoot problems that occur in a cloud environment.
• Has experience using code to build and maintain infrastructure and using enterprise quality tools to ensure stability and performance of applications.
• Experience working with AWS GovCloud and/or C2S environments.
• Comfortable coding / troubleshooting shell scripts.
• Comfortable in Linux, able to build or troubleshoot systems.
• Comfortable with and knows base AWS services well (EC2/EBS/S3/VPC/NACLS/SG/RDS).
• Works wells with others.
• Comfortable using code to build servers in AWS.
• Has worked securing Linux Systems.
• Has experience working in high scale environments.
• Has worked with similar technologies listed below:
o Cloud Formations
o Gitlab (Code Repository)
o Gitlab Runner (Build System)
o Artifact Repository (Artifactory, Nexus, etc)
o CI/CD Tools (SonarQube, Xray)
o Packer – For Automated AMI Creation
o CentOS Linux
o Redhat Linux
o Windows 2016 (Coming Soon 2019)
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required combined with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.