Hangar Maintenance Base Manager- LNK
Trans States Airlines - Lincoln, Nebraska
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Hangar Station Manager reports to the Director of Maintenance and is responsible to:
1. Adhere to the Professional Standards as outlined in GMM1 1-1.1.3.
2. Provide leadership and perform oversight to ensure all work is performed in accordance with Trans States Airlines' policies and procedures.
3. Ensure manpower levels are adequately maintained.
4. Ensure experience levels and qualified personnel are scheduled on each shift.
5. Provide leadership and perform oversight to ensure the use of proper tooling and ensure equipment is maintained.
6. Ensure that their areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
7. Will participate as directed by the Senior Manager Maintenance Control/Line Operations in daily meetings.
8. As applicable, ensure all Pireps, MELs/CDLs, NEF deferrals, and Work Orders are correctly troubleshot and repaired in a timely manner, and assure parts requirements are established.
9. Responsible for the completion of all safety incident reporting paperwork and disposition to Main Base Manager for review.
10. Perform weekly audit of areas of responsibility by using self-checklist. This checklist is established by each manager and shall be made available for review by Senior Manager Maintenance Control/Line Operations.
11. Perform routine audits of ground support equipment and liaison between ground maintenance and area of responsibility.
12. Shall review the training courses of employees that are governed under area of responsibility to establish additional training requirements.
13. Shall review maintenance turnover logs as to their content and completeness at regular intervals.
14. Shall be responsible to keep OJT levels of departmental employees at or above goal, and provide corrective action if employee falls below.
15. Will review OJT tasks for that department and amend if required.
16. Will ensure the flight line stores room remains in a clean and orderly condition, stocked, and will coordinate with Stores Manager.
17. Maintain an out-of-service log of ground support equipment as to date out of service, when ground maintenance contacted and who contacted.
18. Perform oversight of Equipment Calibration procedures in respective area of management responsibility. (Ref. GMM1 4.10)
19. Perform oversight of the administration of shelf life items in respective area of management responsibility. (Ref. GMM1 8.2.4, Shelf Life Program)
20. When designated, interview New-hire or Re-hire candidates, verify Recency of Experience requirements and communicate any shortfalls to the Director of Maintenance for consideration (Ref. GMM1 1-1.1).
Note: The listing above is a summary of the duties and responsibilities for this position. Specific programs within Trans States Airlines manuals may contain additional duties, responsibilities, and authority for that specific program.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Hangar Maintenance Base Manager- LNK
With over 30 years of experience and profitability in the regional airline industry, Trans States Airlines is the smart choice for your next career move. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make Trans States a place where our people want to build long-term careers. Plus, we promote from within whenever possible, which means that our employees have significant opportunities to earn more and move up throughout the course of their careers. We're more than an airline. We're a family. And we'd like you to be a part of it.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Included in position but not limited to:
1. Required to relocate to the Lincoln, NE (LNK) area.
2. Provide management oversight and leadership of FAR part 121 aircraft maintenance operations and direction of the technical operations staff at the LNK Hangar Maintenance facility. Will ensure a high level of safety, production, and quality are maintained.
3. Provide management oversight and leadership of FAR part 121 aircraft maintenance operations and direction of the technical operations staff at the LNK Hangar Maintenance facility. Will ensure a high level of safety, production, and quality are maintained.
a. Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
b. Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
c. Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
d. Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
e. Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
f. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
g. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
h. Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Hold a mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant rating.
2. Completed INDOC and aircraft FAM training (or equivalent).
3. Knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures.
4. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
5. Must be PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft office suite of applications.
6. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and must be fluent in the English language.
7. Must have a valid Driver's License.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
1. Five years of FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience.
2. Two years of Supervisor experience, or equivalent.
3. Embraer 145 and/or CRJ 700/900 experience is highly desired.
4. An Associate degree or higher in an aviation related discipline.
5. Hold a valid passport.