Interiors Crew Cheif
VT San Antonio Aerospace, Inc. - San Antonio, Texas
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Good working knowledge or the ability to acquire skills in the following:
The ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, by presenting ideas and giving instructions/guidance to subordinates, co-workers, supervisors and
outside agencies in a manner that instructions are carried out and requested information is obtained; ability to motivate and lead a staff or team of
subordinates to obtain goals, higher productivity and quality work; the ability to delegate and prioritized work effectively; creative; persuasive.
SUPERVISION: The incumbent normally performs the duty assignment at his or her discretion and is limited only by policies set by administrative or legislative
authority. Total end results determine the effectiveness of job performance.INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A strong level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship among employees, various departments, management and customer representatives.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. A P License required.EXPERIENCE: 5 years minimum experience in heavy commercial maintenance.
SUMMARY:The Interiors Crew Chief shall be directly responsible to the Interiors Manager for the overall operation of the interior refurbishing. He/she shall plan, direct, lay out and coordinate the activities departments within the Repair Station to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
1. Assist his/her subordinates in proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
2. Monitor the status of each aircraft in service on a daily basis.
3. Prepare daily priority work sheets in concurrence with the Interiors Manager .
4. Ascertain that all necessary work is properly executed by the responsible mechanic.
5. Ensure that areas under Interiors control are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
6. Be responsible for the proper handling of all parts while in repair process and the preservation of all units or parts during process through the shop and after work is completed.
7. Initiate requisitions for stock and materials required.
8. Assessing people according to priority programs.
9. Evaluate departmental operations recommending improvements in quality, productivity and employee relations. Implement programs and/or procedures that
strive for excellence in quality as maintained by VT SAA's Quality Assurance program. Resolve departmental problems by identifying the problem, researching alternatives, analyzing the costs and benefits, implementing the best alternative and evaluating the end results.
10. Accomplish any other assignments as directed by the Interiors Manager.