ST Engineering Aerospace(VT MAE) - Mobile, Alabama
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Formal Training in Basic Avionics Systems/Theory (6) months (Military or Civilian)
- Minimum of (36) months of commercial or military avionics experience
- Must meet training per-requisites for previous grade
Job DescriptionResponsible for performing routine and non-routine heavy commercial aircraft maintenance and/or modifications in an MRO environment, including component removal and installation, routine open/close, component tagging, wire cleaning, wire lay in and tie up, circuit breaker lockout/tag-out and safe/proficient use of ground support equipment. Responsibilities
- Remove and replace various aircraft components and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, communications, and certification requirements with various testing equipment on aircraft or in a shop environment.
- Operate test equipment and their applications.
- Repairing wiring terminations, pining and de-pining.
- Install and modify systems by identifying relevant instructions and use of test equipment on aircraft or in a shop environment.
- Thorough understanding of flight deck operations (Autopilot, VHF, HF, Selcal).
- Ability to perform basic ADs, EOs, SBs, and EAs.
- Ability to evaluate Non-Routine work cards and order replacement parts.
- Gain a basic understanding of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC).
- Proper use of special tooling, including Voltage meters, crimpers, Insertion tools and Extraction tools.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Perform operational and function checks.
- Familiar with blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, EOs and EAs
- Complete Engineering Orders (EOs)
- Proper bonding and grounding procedures.
- Must be willing to work day shift, night shift, weekends and holidays as needed