Quality Inspector - 183046
Chipton Ross Inc - Santa Rosa, California
• Experience – 1-3 years' experience in supply chain or manufacturing in a hi-tech environment, previous experience in defense and aerospace preferred
• Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and IPC-W7HMA-A-620A preferred
• Able to interpret engineering drawings
• Experience in use of micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, microscopes, optical comparators, etc.
• Knowledge of a wide variety of inspection methods and equipment.
• Ability to perform complex shop mathematics.
• Acute attention to detail; able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to converse with all levels of employees and government officials.
• May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, with assistance and sit at a desk for long hours.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination; be able to perform repetitive hand movements; have close, distance, color, depth and peripheral vision.
• Typical office/manufacturing environment.
• Fast-paced and changing environment.EDUCATION:
Accredited A.A. degree, vocational certificate, or equivalent Years'WORK HOURS:
9/80, 1st Shift
Full-TimeMISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Duration 6 MonthsDescription Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opening in Santa Rosa, CA.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs a wide variety of complex and difficult electro-mechanical inspections of purchased parts, assemblies and materials in a Receiving function.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspection on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
• Conducts Receiving inspection of mechanical parts and optical assemblies.
• Performs in-process inspections.
• Conducts outbound inspection and audits of new and repaired products. Performs routine and non-routine tasks requiring the operation and application of metrology and calibration equipment.
• Maintains accurate and updated laboratory notebooks and data entry records.
• Assists with supplier evaluation and corrective action.
• Interfaces with members of the Mechanical Engineering, Planning/Materials, Production departments.