Cargo Capacity Liaison - JFK AIRPORT - Jamaica, New York 17214
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions - Jamaica, New York
Qualifications:- 4-7 years' experience in the ground transportation, freight forwarding, or air freight industry is preferred.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Knowledge of air logistics operating systems and/or WebVision is preferred.
- Experience with other applications including transportation management systems or operations systems in a large corporate environment is preferred.
- Excellent human relations skills - we're a people first company and require constant professional communication.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and cope with fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer orientation, sense of urgency, and problem resolution skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated individual.
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not requiredApply to be considered for this Cargo Capacity Liaison opportunity in Jamaica, NY. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Cargo Capacity Liaison LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Cargo Liaison for an opportunity in Jamaica, NY.Responsibilities:- Responsible for the tactical management of cargo capacity inventories throughout the North American network.
- Liaison between cargo operation and centralized Space Control team on issues pertaining to cargo build-up and overtenders.
- Work real time with Customer Service Center and Proactive Notification team to provide customers real time updates on freight that fails to ride as booked.
- Provide operations the clear priority of freight and provide guidance on offloaded freight while focusing on immediate reroutes when possible.
- Work cross functionally with interlines, trucking, and other departments to maximize the network and facilitate the re-routing of freight for service recovery.
- Provide feedback to pricing, call center, and e-commerce teams on integrity of bookings and customer challenges in tendering freight.
- Monitor station inventories and off-load management and work with space control to adjust future capacities accordingly.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- MUST BE OPEN TO WORK FLEXIBLE HOURS.