CNC Machinist - Heavy Overtime!
Talentscale - San Diego, California
• Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or GED.
• Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field highly preferred
• Years of Experience: 2+ years or more of relevant work experience
• MUST be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, reside in the San Diego area, and be able to pass a drug, background, and pulmonary screen
This is 4 -6 month contract assignment. You would be working 5 AM - 2:30 PM M-F with every other Friday off. However, this position requires someone who is willing to do heavy overtime. JOB CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: • Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD T).
• Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.