Quality Assurance Specialist
PSA Airlines - Vandalia, Ohio
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Current A P License
• At least 3 years' experience on large aircraft with one year as a maintenance inspector
• Knowledge of applicable FAR's and General Maintenance Manual
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Ethical conduct
• Interpersonal skills
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional environment located within the base hangar(s). This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
PSA Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
As the Quality Assurance Specialist, you will impact PSA Airlines' business growth through conducting and maintaining the auditing program. Through doing so, you will promote safety and regulatory compliance within PSA.
• Establish and maintain a system for the auditing program in adherence to the General Maintenance Manual.
• Conducts audits of Maintenance Department facilities, vendor repair agencies, and suppliers to include evaluations for adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety.
• Conducts outstation maintenance and fuel vendor audits to include evaluations for adequacy, compliance, efficiency, and safety.
• Reviews audits and reports discrepancies of adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety to the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance.
• In the absence of the QAS, the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance will be responsible for the auditing program.
• Assists senior management in projecting a strong leadership presence with a commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Performs Quality Assurance oversight of heavy maintenance contractors working on PSA aircraft.
• Ensures compliance with applicable company policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence, the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance will re-assign tasks.
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.