B205A1++ Fire/Utility Pilot
Hillsboro Aviation, Inc - Hillsboro, Oregon
- Commercial rotorcraft helicopter license
- Current class 1 or 2 medical
- Current driver license with clean driving record
- Current passport
- Restricted radio station license
- 2500 hours RW PIC of which 100 hours in B205 (or similar)
- 250 hours of vertical reference experience of which 50 hours in B205 (or similar)
- Must meet interagency carding requirements for 2020 (or be eligible for interagency waiver)
- Recent flight and vertical reference time in B205A1++ within the last 12 months
- Current interagency card listing B205 (or similar)
- Previous fire experience
- Instrument rating
The Contract Charter Division
Hillsboro Aviation's contract charter division specializes in utility, executive charter, tours and excursions, and unmanned aerial systems (UAS). Our utility focus includes natural resources, aerial survey, firefighting, construction, film/photo/news, and heli-skiing. We have flown over 1.2 million hours and conducted missions ranging from firefighting to oil exploration and LiDAR to agriculture. Our fleet is comprised of the Bell 205A1++, Bell 407, Airbus AS350B3e, Bell 206, and Beechcraft King Air series.The Position
Perform in wildland fire fighting operations in a B205A1++. May assist in other projects or other duties assigned. This position will cover an Exclusive Use contract for the B205A1++ for the 2020 fire season.
The schedule could be a 12 on/12 off or a 12 on 2 off.Job Responsibilities
- Organize and manage the daily requirements of the job, with support from office staff
- Act in a professional manner as a representative of Hillsboro Aviation
- Manage general upkeep of all equipment used
- Conduct equipment checks before use
- Daily maintenance reporting
- Flight and duty times
- Submit mileage reports
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation offers complete helicopter and airplane services comprised of five divisions: contract charter, aircraft sales management, service center, FBO, and parts sales. Serving domestic and international markets in the government, commercial, and private sectors, we have over 85 employees and 14 turbine aircraft. We operate out of our award-winning headquarters at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO).Our Vision
We believe in the power of a personal approach. We passionately purvey the notion of flight, a dream demanding creativity, persistence, resilience, and intent. We strive to foster a legacy of innovative thought, leadership, mentorship, service, and sustainability. We are dedicated to providing opportunity and growth for our team, our customers, and our community by providing extraordinary and memorable experiences in the air and on the ground.
Hillsboro Aviation's growth and sustainability is rooted in its commitment to attracting a diverse set of talent from around the world. To that end, we encourage qualified individuals from all walks of life to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
This job will remain open until filled. Please do not call regarding the status of your application.