What & Why – GAFuels is your source for up-to-date information concerning fuels for sport aviation. The primary focus is on:
- Availability of 100LL
- Progress on finding a replacement for 100LL
- Availability of Mogas
- Influence of ethanol production mandates on Mogas availability
- Effects of ethanol-blended Mogas on aircraft and their engines
- Efforts by various organizations to influence aviation fuel policies at the state and federal level
Who we are – Three private pilots who are concerned about the future availability of fuels for piston-engine aircraft.
- Dean Billing (Sisters, Ore.) – an expert on autogas and ethanol
- Kent Misegades (Cary, N.C.) – an aerospace engineer and aviation journalist
- Todd Petersen (Minden, Neb.) – former aerial applicator and owner of more than 150 Mogas STCs for aircraft
We welcome your input:
- Status of 100LL and Mogas at your favorite airfields (see our list of airports with Mogas)
- Any pertinent news you learn concerning aviation fuels
- Your own experience with various fuels in aircraft
We look forward to the dialog with you. Let’s work together to assure a future supply of safe and affordable fuels for general aviation.
For some background on our chief concerns, please review our article, Fuels for Sport Aircraft: The Looming Crisis.