The International Council of Air Shows has extended to July 31 the deadline to nominate your favorite performer to the ICAS Foundation Hall of Fame. Click here for the rules and how to nominate.
The ICAS Foundation is a non-profit organization manned by volunteers, some of whom pay their own expenses to the annual ICAS convention to help raise money for worthy causes. Those causes include helping the members of the airshow community who may need unexpected financial assistance due to an illness, accident, or other event. The foundation also manages scholarships for young (and not-so-young) persons who are attempting to further their education in things aeronautical or aerobatical.
The foundation also manages its Hall of Fame. Typically, up to three persons (or groups) are inducted, all based on nominations from members of the airshow community. You do not need to be an ICAS member to make a nomination. Previous winners include:
- 2009: Charlie Culp, Tom Poberezny, Bobby Younkin
- 2008: Bessie Coleman, Paul Bowen, Bobby Bishop
- 2007: Danny Clisham, Jimmy Driskell, Jimmy Franklin, Sean D. Tucker
- 2006: Paul Mantz, Marion Cole, Eddie “The Grip” Green, Patty Wagstaff
- 2005: Bill Sweet, Bob Herendeen, Wayne Handley
- 2004: Lincoln Beachey, Harold Krier, Jim Holland, Bill Bordeleau, Johnny Kazian
- 2003: Jim Mynning, Betty Skelton Frankman
- 2002: Swede Ralston, Curtis Pitts, The Original Thunderbirds Team
- 2001: Clifford Henderson, Captain Roy M. “Butch” Voris, The Flying Aces Air Circus
- 2000: The French Connection (Daniel Heligoin and Montaine Mallet), The Beardsleys (Big B and Burner)
- 1999: Colonel Owen Bartley “OB” Philp
- 1998: Leo Loudenslager
- 1997: Bill Barber, Charlie Hillard, Paul Poberezny
- 1996: Duane Cole, Art Scholl, Beverly “Bevo” Howard
- 1995: Robert A. “Bob” Hoover
For more information: ICASFoundation.org.