When technicians reach for a torque wrench, they need to know it’s properly tested and ready to perform. The new Digital Torque Tester (DTT) from Snap-on Industrial ensures just that, company officials say.
The DTT can be mounted on a wall or in a bench-top vise to allow a technician to quickly test torque wrenches and torque screw drivers. The DTT comes in 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” and 3/4” sizes, and features a touchscreen pad to capture peak torque values during a test in real time. All data can be downloaded to a PC.
Six different styles of the DTT are available, and come in test ranges between 5 and 600 foot pounds. Accuracy is ± 0.50% ±1 count CW and CWW from 10 to 100% of full scale at 25° Celsius, company officials said.
Additional features include:
- Integral transducer and sturdy housing allow mounting in virtually any position
- Transducer: full bridge strain gage, 350 ohm, 1500uE, 3mV/VF.S, 3.75 excitation
- Units of torque: Nm, kgcm, ft.lb., in.lb., in-oz.
- Operation modes: track, peak and first peak
- Audible tone and LED light-bar present alerts
- Display accuracy: 4 digits, 9999 cycle counts
All DTT units are sold in a kit with the tester, hard carrying case, two socket driver reducer adapters and AC/DC power supply.
For more information: 877-740-1900 or SnapOn.com
People who read this article also read articles on airparks, airshow, airshows, avgas, aviation fuel, aviation news, aircraft owner, avionics, buy a plane, FAA, fly-in, flying, general aviation, learn to fly, pilots, Light-Sport Aircraft, LSA, and Sport Pilot.