The May/June 2013 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on environmental advances in general aviation. Articles explore ways we can “fly green” through new technology and by following environmentally sound practices.
Feature articles in this issue include:
- How to be a noise-friendly neighbor (p. 10)
- The future of electric aircraft (p. 18)
- And a look at FAA’s avgas initiative (p. 13)
The issue’s Checklist (p. 17) and Vertically Speaking (p. 30) departments outline some ways pilots can fly more environmentally friendly, while Nuts, Bolts, and Electrons (p. 26) looks at workplace safety practices.
You can link to the online edition here.
FAA Safety Briefing is the safety policy voice for the non-commercial general aviation community. The magazine’s objective is to improve safety by:
- Making the community aware of FAA resources
- Helping readers understand safety and regulatory issues, and
- Encouraging continued training