WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Have you ever gazed through a telescope to see a Moon crater up close? Now is your chance! On Friday, Oct.11, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Props Restaurant and Lounge at Watsonville Airport (WVI) is hosting Orion Telescopes & Binoculars for a Moon Viewing Party.
This family event is geared towards amateurs and beginning stargazers. Orion’s expert astronomers will be on hand with a few of their telescopes and binoculars, ready to answer questions and teach folks how to use their equipment.
The event features:
- Free Public Telescope Viewing of the Moon & Venus (clear skies permitting.)
- Free entrance for the community
- Raffle prizes, including a tabletop telescope, stargazer’s toolkits, gift cards to Props and more. Must be present to win.
- Astrophotography slide show (Rain or Shine!)
- “Out of this World” Dinner and Drink Specials by Props, in addition to regular menu items
RSVP for the event on the Props Facebook page. Entry is limited to the first 130 people.
“We are thrilled to be working with our neighbors at Orion for a fun-filled evening for the community of Watsonville,” say Kryss and Andrew Crocker, owners of Props.
Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a local company that sells telescopes around the world. Located just a stone’s throw from the airport on Hangars Way in Watsonville, Orion was founded in Santa Cruz in 1975. Its telescopes and binoculars can be seen online or by visiting the flagship store at 10555 S De Anza Blvd. in Cupertino.
For more information: PropsRestaurant.com