FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Art Spengler, Vice President for Operations at Premier Aircraft Sales, reports that the first “Premier Edition” Cessna 172 took to the skies in mid-April and has already accumulated over 30 flight hours.
“From the first time we flew the Premier Edition 172 we knew that this was going to be a truly exceptional airplane,” Spengler said. “We’ve already put over 30 hours on the aircraft and the new-generation, Centurion 2.0 liquid-cooled, turbocharged diesel engine has performed flawlessly.”
Spengler said that the engine’s reliability has been paramount in meeting the company’s aggressive schedule for the Premier Edition 172. As soon as it had met the FAA’s requirements, the aircraft headed to Texas to take part in the Texas Aircraft Expo series.
“We took off from Panama City, Florida and flew 518 nautical miles direct to Palestine, Texas – with the headwinds we encountered, that was over six hours of flight time,” Spengler said. “We could have made it non-stop all the way to Midland, Texas, but after six hours, we got a call from nature and had to land for a break.”
“Another huge advantage of the Premier Edition 172 is that it is amazingly smooth and quiet – actually 24% quieter compared to a Lycoming-powered aircraft,” Spengler said. “The lack of engine vibration really makes the cabin a lot more comfortable. It was really apparent on our long flight from Florida to Texas.”
Spengler said that along with the success of the first Premier Edition 172 upgrade, Premier Aircraft Service is also celebrating its recent recognition as a new Master Centurion Installation Center by Centurion Aircraft Engines.
About Premier Aircraft Sales’ Premier Edition 172:
- Zero-time, Centurion 2.0 turbo diesel engine
- Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC)
- New three-bladed constant-speed composite propeller
- Garmin G500 glass with GTN750 touch-screen GPS/NAV/COM
- GDL88, ADS-B receiver with weather and traffic
- Fresh annual inspection
- Full airframe, Corrosion X anti-corrosion application
- New leather interior
- New exterior trim package
- Two-year factory warranty from Centurion/Continental and Garmin
- A list of custom options including air conditioning, AmSafe Airbag Seat Restraints, BRS parachute, and Microaerodynamic Vortex generators.
Spengler said that customers have two options when it comes to their Premier Edition 172 upgrade. They can either buy a fully completed aircraft from Premier Aircraft Sales or they can fly their 172 to Premier Aircraft Service’s facility at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (KFXE), to have the aircraft upgraded to their specifications.
For more information: flypas.com or 954-771-0411.