Avidyne Corp. is now offering a full Money Back Guarantee for customers who purchase a new DFC90 Digital Flight Control System with Flight Envelope Protection.
Under the terms of the offer, if for any reason you are not satisfied with your DFC90 Autopilot Flight Computer compared with the performance of the S-TEC 55X, Avidyne will refund the entire cost of your upgrade and reinstall the S-TEC 55X.
“The DFC90 provides significant improvements in autopilot performance and safety,” said Avidyne Chief Operating Officer Patrick Herguth. “We have gotten incredibly favorable feedback from many of customers who have already switched to the DFC90, and this guarantee provides some peace of mind for Entegra-equipped Cirrus owners who haven’t yet decided to do the upgrade.”
DFC90 ‘Money Back Guarantee’ Terms & Conditions are available here.
The DFC90 is an attitude-based digital autopilot system that is designed as a slide-in replacement for the S-TEC55X autopilot in existing Entegra-equipped Cirrus SR20 and SR22 aircraft. The Release 8 software and Mod 55 PFD hardware upgrades enable the DFC90 autopilot to take advantage of the precision attitude information of Entegra’s integrated Air Data and Attitude Heading Reference System (ADAHRS), without the need for costly wiring changes to the aircraft, according to Avidyne officials.
The DFC90 has all the standard vertical and lateral modes of operation of a turbine-class autopilot system, including Flight Director (FD), Altitude Hold (ALT), Airspeed Hold (IAS), Vertical Speed Hold (VS), Heading (HDG), and Navigation (NAV, APPR, LOC/GS, GPSS). Performance and feature improvements include:
- Greatly improved stability due to the use of attitude data to control the autopilot inner control loops. This is particularly evident and important when tracking an ILS to minimums in windy conditions.
- Avidyne’s speed-based Flight Envelope Protection virtually eliminates autopilot-induced stalls (underspeed) and overspeeds, which lead to a significant number of GA accidents. With Flight Envelope Protection, the autopilot avoids exceeding the flight envelope while providing visual and aural warnings to the pilot.
- The new Indicated Airspeed Hold (IAS) vertical mode includes a dedicated Airspeed knob and a new airspeed bug on the PFD, and provides a more elegant way to make Flight Level changes.
- The “Straight & Level” button overrides all autopilot modes and levels the aircraft in both pitch and roll from a wide range of capture attitudes for an added measure of safety.
- The Flight Director capability of the DFC90 improves the ability to hand-fly approaches.
The retail price of the DFC90 Digital Flight Computer is $9,995. The cost of Release 8/Mod 55 is $3,895 for PFDs that are at Release 7, and $5,395 for PFDs that at are currently at Release 6 or older. DFC90s are now shipping, and PFDs with Release 8 and MOD 55 enhancements are available through Avidyne’s Platinum Exchange program. Prices do not include installation costs or shipping charges. STEC55X unit must be returned to Avidyne.
For more information: Avidyne.com