Night Flight Concepts will hold a free, live educational webinar on Oct. 6, at 1 p.m. EST to “Demystify Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Issues.”
Night Vision Systems are recognized as a necessary capability to enhance situational awareness and increase safety for night flying; however, there remain many misconceptions and issues in the industry concerning NVG use, according to company officials. For years, executives from Night Flight Concepts (NFC) have been speaking at conferences and trade shows and industry events to share lessons learned from civil and military use to help organizations better understand the issues and opportunities associated with NVGs. The NFC team said it hopes to use this free online medium to extend the reach and accessibility to help educate and inform individuals of safety related issues relating to the use of NVGs in aircraft.
“We believe knowledge is power. With night vision solutions, being informed translates directly into better solutions, higher performance and greater safety” says Night Flight Concepts CEO Adam Aldous. “This upcoming webinar initiative is part of our ongoing efforts to…help educate the market on critical issues related to night vision goggles use.”
In the webinar, listeners will learn about:
- NVG systems authorized for use by the FAA in the NAS
- Differences in NVG classification (the advantages and disadvantages for both class A and class B objective lens)
- Safety related performance issues between an NVG system and the aircraft lighting system
- Issues related to continued Airworthiness of an NVG-compatible aircraft
- NVG Program Planning Tips
For more information: NightFlightConcepts.com/Webinar or 888-632-8764.