Officials at the Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport (STS) in California will host an open house Wednesday, Sept. 22, to celebrate the completion of the remodeling of the terminal.
“We are pleased that the remodel is finished. The airport is now a lot more attractive and convenient to use. The improvements allow for a better first impression for visitors to Sonoma County,” said Jon Stout, airport manager.
The expanded terminal has been in use since July, however, exterior and other finishing work will be complete by Sept. 22. Finishing touches include:
- Refurbishment of the original area of the terminal
- New doors in the original lobby
- New carpet throughout the expanded lobby
- New fencing and revolving gate entry from arrival area to the terminal
- Paving and pathways from the arrival area to the terminal
- The addition of Budget Rental Cars.
Sonoma County Airport received $1,685,000 in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds to remodel and expand the passenger terminal. The total budget for the project came to approximately $2.4 million; the difference between the grant and total project cost is funded by the airport with Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) funds.
For more information: SonomaCountyAirport.org