The National Air Transportation Association’s (NATA) Safety 1st recently launched an online Customer Service, Safety & Security Module for FBO employees.
Included in the training are customer service, safety and security best practices and procedures, videos and photos to help shape understanding, quizzes throughout to reinforce major concepts, and a final exam to ensure comprehension.
Issues covered include:
- A better understanding of the tasks line specialists perform on the ramp
- Terminology used to talk to pilots on the ramp and radio
- Knowledge about parts of an aircraft, providing a better understanding of the industry
- An overview of ramp safety concerns for everyone
- Covers information necessary to cross-train staff members to help on the ramp with tasks such as marshalling
- Discusses security from the ramp to the hangars to the office
“Safety may typically start with line specialists, but it does not end with them,” said NATA Director of Safety and Training Amy Koranda. “All employees have a stake in ensuring that an FBO is operating in accordance with the highest service, safety and security standards. The customer service, safety and security training module opens up an opportunity to train your entire staff.”
Pricing for the online training is based on a sliding scale. For more information: NATA.aero/onlinetraining