Aviation authors and their devoted readers will get a chance to talk during the 22nd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, which will be held Feb. 24-26, at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada.
“Both the authors and our members enjoy meeting one another,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Authors get feedback about their work, while our members are able to have their favorite books autographed and chat with the authors in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.”
Featured authors and their works this year include:
- Ann Cooper and Sharon Rajnus with Stars of the Sky, Legends All
- Julie Clark with Nothing Stood in Her Way
- Deborah Coonts with Wanna Get Lucky? and Lucky Stiff
- Heather Taylor with Breaking Through The Clouds DVD
- Rod Machado with Rod Machado’s Private Pilot Handbook & Workbook
- Bernice “Bee” Falk Haydu with Letters Home 1944-1945
- Sarah Byrn Rickman with Nancy Batson Crews: Alabama’s First Lady of Flight and Nancy Love and the WASP Ferry Pilots of WWII
With the theme “Inspire – Enthuse – Innovate,” the WAI Conference will include seminars, workshops, networking events, speakers, and a commercial exhibit area. The conference concludes on Saturday evening, Feb. 26, with WAI’s annual banquet where many scholarships are awarded and the 2011 group of Pioneers is inducted into WAI’s Aviation Pioneer Hall of Fame.
For more information: WAI.org