Master Instructors LLC and its Board of Review recently accredited eight CFIs as Master Instructors.
The Master Instructor designation is a national accreditation recognized by the FAA and the industry that is earned by a candidate through a rigorous process of continuing professional activity and peer review. Much like a flight instructor’s certificate, it must be renewed biennially. This process parallels continuing education regimens used by other professionals to enhance their knowledge base while increasing their professionalism, according to officials.
Aviation educators who earned or renewed the “Master” title during January are:
- Michael Cassadry, Master CFI-Helicopter, Arlington Texas;
- Andrew Chitiea, Master CFI, Aurora Colo.;
- Nanette Gaylord, Master Ground Instructor, Tulsa, Okla.;
- James Hilliard, Master CFI, Lincoln Neb.;
- Daniel Mahoney, Master CFI, Key Colony Beach, Fla.;
- Judy Ann Phelps, Master CFI-Aerobatic, Santa Paula, Calif.;
- Orlando Villaverde, Master CFI, Miami; and
- Joel Weaner, Master CFI, Jacksonville, Fla.
For more information: 303-485-8136, MasterInstructors.org