Nearly 1,400 avionics manufacturers, dealers, installers and other general aviation professionals have converged at the 54th annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show, at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nev., scheduled from March 22-25.
The AEA convention is the preeminent venue dedicated solely to the general aviation avionics industry. Not open to the public, this event’s primary focus is providing avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations.
The four-day event features:
- More than 30 new avionics products and systems being introduced.
- More than 75 hours of technical and business management training sessions.
- An Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- Recognition of Ron Hall, former employee of Duncan Aviation, as the recipient of the 2011 AEA Lifetime Achievement Award.
In addition, the AEA Educational Foundation, in partnership with the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT), will offer registered attendees free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams, March 23-25. Attendees may test their knowledge in achieving the NCATT’s avionics technician certification. This $100 value is only available through the AEA at the convention.
An air safety analyst, Nance has made several appearances on national shows such as “Larry King Live,” “PBS Hour with Jim Lehrer,” “Oprah,” “NPR,” “Nova” and “The Today Show,” and has written 19 books. He was named the 2002 Distinguished Alumnus of Southern Methodist University, where he holds a bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor from the SMU School of Law. He is a decorated Air Force pilot veteran of Vietnam, Operation Desert Storm and Desert Shield. Nance is one of the civilian pioneers of Crew Resource Management (CRM) and has piloted a wide variety of jet aircraft.