The Oakland Aviation Museum at California’s Oakland International Airport Historic North Field will host an Open Cockpit Day Aug. 21, from noon to 4 p.m.
This special day allows visitors unique access to much of OAM’s collection, including:
- The A-3 Skywarrior, A-4 Skyhawk, A-6 Intruder and A-7 Corsair II
- A replica of a P-51B “Red Tail” Mustang and an actual MiG-15
- Sitting in the “General’s seat” on a USAF T-39 Sabreliner, which is also the original executive jet
- Real US Navy A-3 and A-6 cockpit simulators
- Access to the Short Solent flying boat from “Raiders of the Lost Ark” (pictured).
For more information: 510)-638-7100, OaklandAviationMuseum.org