The Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE) recently entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Orbital Commerce Project (OCP) “to promote safety in the Commercial Human Spaceflight industry through excellence in training and education.”
The two organizations will team up on initiatives that include:
- Working with the Office of Commercial Space Transportation (FAA/AST) to develop the framework for spaceflight educator certification
- Developing recognized levels of achievement and spaceflight educator proficiency
- Creating courses and teaching materials to advance spaceflight education
- Promoting “safety through training” to the Commercial Human Spaceflight Industry
- Developing unusual attitude and G-tolerance courses
During recent testimony before a U.S. House subcommittee regarding the budget for the FAA Office of Commercial Space Transportation, the office’s associate administrator stated that he expects space tourism to begin within the next two years and grow into a billion dollar industry within 10 years.
OCP CEO George Tyson commented, “We are excited about working with SAFE. SAFE’s mission to provide quality education for flight educators will combine and enhance OCP’s desire to continually improve and update our training programs. This powerful partnership will enhance the skills of the Flight Instructors and therefore increase safety for the flying public.”
SAFE represents nearly 700 of the industry’s top aviation educators, including numerous local, regional, and national General Aviation Awards winners.
People who read this article also read articles on airparks, airshow, airshows, avgas, aviation fuel, aviation news, aircraft owner, avionics, buy a plane, FAA, fly-in, flying, general aviation, learn to fly, pilots, Light-Sport Aircraft, LSA, and Sport Pilot.