MT-Propeller has received an EASA STC for the next generation Quiet Fan Jet 5-blade scimitar composite propeller MTV-27-1-E-C-F-R(P)/CFR203-58d on the PA-46-500TP. The FAA STC also has been received, company officials said.
According to officials, the propeller installation provides:
- Vibration damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operations;
- Bonded on nickel alloy leading edge for erosion protection of the blades;
- General performance improvement (10% shorter takeoff distance, 4% better climb Performance, 3 kts faster in cruise);
- Approximately three pounds less weight than the original metal propeller;
- Cooler ITT on ground with condition lever at low and high idle position;
- No propeller speed restrictions on ground while operating in low idle, possibility to reduce Ng to 57% for better ground handling;
- Cabin noise and vibration reduction.
MT-Propeller is a natural composite propeller manufacturer with more than 30 propeller models from 2-blade to 6-blade hydraulically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 5,000 hp, and 2-blade to 4-blade electrically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 350 hp, as well as two blade fixed pitch propellers.
MT-Propeller holds more than 120 STCs worldwide and is an OEM supplier for more than 90% of the European aircraft industry as well as 30% of the US aircraft industry with more than 15,000 propeller systems flying. In July 2013, the 50,000th blade was shipped.
For more information: MT-propeller.com