MT-Propeller has received an EASA STC for the next generation 3-blade scimitar composite propeller MTV-9-B-C/C188-18b on the Extra 300/200 powered by Lycoming AEIO-360-A1 engines. The FAA STC is in progress, company officials noted.
- Provides damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operations;
- Has bonded-on stainless steel leading edge for best erosion protection of the blades;
- Provides enhanced takeoff distance by approximately 8%;
- Provides enhanced climb performance by approximately 7%;
- Provides enhanced cruise performance by 3-4 kts;
- Has no life limitation; and
- Has no restricted rpm ranges.
MT-Propeller manufactures 30 propeller models from 2-blade to 6-blade hydraulically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 5,000 hp, and 2-blade to 4-blade electrically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 350 hp, as well as two blade fixed pitch propellers.
MT-Propeller holds more than 200 STCs worldwide and is an OEM supplier for more than 90% of the European aircraft industry, as well as 30% of the US aircraft industry with more than 16,000 propeller systems flying.