Now available is the Osprey Aviation Nozzle, expressly engineered for over-the-wing fueling of small aircraft, from Hewitt, a division of Husky Corporation.
- Automatic shut-off
- Easy-to-service 100 mesh stainless steel fuel filter assembly
- Dust cap to place over spout when the nozzle is not in use
- Ground Cable with clip
- Grounding plug also available as an accessory
- Aluminum body
- One piece contoured steel lever
- Red fuel grip guard to identify for use with AvGas
- Waffle guard to protect against damage to wing
- Aluminum inline and multiplane swivels available as accessories
Hewitt conducted extensive field testing to develop an aviation grade nozzle that is ready to install on fuel dispensers at small airports. One such field test occurred in early 2015 at the Guntersville, Alabama Municipal Airport, which handles about 250 monthly flights for small aircraft and seaplanes using the resort area near Lake Guntersville.
“It’s a great nozzle. We really like it,” said Bob Martin, Guntersville Airport Manager. “I like the idea of the automatic shutoff. It’s lightweight. I can see where it could be used for most aviation fueling operations.”
Contact Hewitt at 800-325-3558 to learn more about the Osprey Aviation Nozzle.