The new KI 300 improves operational safety and reliability by replacing the pneumatic-driven attitude system found in most general aviation aircraft with modern attitude and heading reference systems-based technology. It is expected to be available late this year.
- Fits in the existing panel without alteration.
- Replaces existing KI 254/255/256, KG 258/259 attitude indicators and/or KRG 330/331 yaw rate sensors in fixed wing applications.
- Optional mechanical slip indicator.
- Integrated Attitude Reference System and backup battery ensures continued attitude information in the event of external power loss.
- Certification pending as a sole-source 3-axis attitude reference with flight director for KAP 100/150/200 and KFC 150/200/225/250/275 autopilot systems.
- Provides attitude comparison when connected to a second compatible attitude and heading reference system.
- Does not require the installation of a backup attitude indicator.
- Provides pitch and roll stabilization for compatible weather radar systems.
- Programmable for panel tilt.
Projected price is $5,995 as a KI 256 or KG 258 replacement, $4,995 as a replacement attitude indicator, and $7,995 with the optional Yaw Rate Gyro interface. It is expected to be available in the fourth quarter of this year.