PRESCOTT, Ariz. — For the third year in a row, Guidance Aviation provided helicopter pilot ground school and introductory helicopter flights for Tri-City Prep High Schoolers.
This year’s class ran Aug. 10-27. The high school students were taught numerous aviation topics including:
- Helicopter Operations
- Fundamentals of aerodynamics
- Instruments and Flight Controls
- Elements of weather and how they pertain to flight
- Physiological and psychological factors affecting human safety
- Identifying extreme hazards in helicopter flight
The future aviators also had the opportunity to use the Guidance Aviation flight simulation lab and fly the X-Copter helicopter simulator. X-Copter’s manufacturing facility and corporate offices are also located at the Prescott Municipal Airport (KPRC), adjacent to Guidance Aviation.