PerriQuest has introduced Laser Defense Eyewear, laser-blocking glasses with low-vision-impact and precision filter technology that provide protection against the threat of laser flashing incidents.
Designed with pilots, U.S. military personnel, law enforcement and transportation workers in mind, PerriQuest Laser Defense Eyewear provides protection from red, green and blue lasers, while maintaining color discrimination for the wearer to fly and operate cockpit display systems.
Aircraft laser strikes are a growing problem for pilots and on the ground personnel worldwide as the visual dazzle caused by laser strikes can cause sudden blindness. The loss of sight can be partial or total, and if gone untreated, long-term eye damage is possible. In 2013, there were over 3,960 laser strikes reported by commercial pilots alone, with many of these pilots requiring medical attention.
“For the past two years, PerriQuest has had an intensive research and development program dedicated to finding a solution to the dangerous trend of laser attacks. We are pleased to now provide a solution to pilots and law enforcement for this increasingly growing threat,” said PerriQuest founder Dr. Nicholas Perricone.
Features of the Laser Defense Eyewear include:
- Frames are lightweight titanium metal
- Glass lenses are processed by a Carl Zeiss Vision Laboratory for visual clarity
- Highest level of protection available
- Multi-wavelength spectrum protection – blocks red, green and blue laser light
- Prescription lenses available
- Blocks laser beams incoming directly and at high incident angles
- Maintains cockpit instrument, device screens, other aircraft and airport lighting color discrimination
- Daywear glasses provide full UV protection
- Nightwear glasses provide high ambient light transmission