UVALDE, Texas — Cessna Citation modification firm Sierra Industries has introduced version 2.0 of the Citation cabin step.
Designed with improvements in functionality and appearance over the original factory step, the “SkyStep” improves safety and utility, according to company officials.
Manufactured at Sierra’s facility in Uvalde, Texas, the SkyStep is applicable to a wide variety of classic Citation aircraft.
- Precision machined from aluminum to eliminate cracking and breaking;
- Enclosed back and sides prevents slipping;
- Three evenly spaced steps instead of two;
- Pneumatic cylinders deploy the door, preventing damage to door sill and toes;
- Inertia reel cable with T-handle makes the step easy to retract from inside the cabin.
The SkyStep is now available at an introductory price of $15,500 installed. The price includes onsite installation by Sierra technicians in the continental U.S. A discount of $1,500 applies if installed at one of Sierra’s MRO facilities in Uvalde or San Antonio, Texas.